Friday, September 30, 2011

Pawpaw Gene


My moms dad, pawpaw Gene passed away yesterday. We have hope that he accepted Christ in his last days here on earth. My mom, dad, and brother shared God's love with him, read scripture to him, and prayed with him! He acknowledged and affirmed the words they shared and because of that we are all able to have such peace in the midst of this loss. I will not forget our last visit to see him in the hospital where he teased Montana by shaking his pointer finger at her and she held his hand. He played with August's toes and wanted to know if we are having any more babies....he always has asked me that! Sage was uneasy with the hospital setting so she stayed in blakes arms. And when Blake shook his hand and I kissed him goodbye he asked, "what's the rush?"....that's pawpaw for sure! I hope to see you on the streets of gold one day not too far away!!!


1 comment:

Katie Wigton said...

I'm so sorry Jamie. Your story just gave me chills.