Monday, August 25, 2008

Second Birthday...Already!

What a year! We rejoice like the psalmist writes knowing full well that children are a blessing and reward from our Heavenly Father!
Today is Montana's official 2nd birthday and I'm slightly upset because our camera is telling me there is a memory stick error?! That means I can't take pics or download pics from the birthday weekend:(. I tried all I know(which isn't much) and Blake is working tonight so I'm posting my dad's pictures he took and emailed to us...thanks Dad! Today hasn't been such a great day to have a birthday because it's raining and we had our first visit to the AL pediatrician this morning(which included a finger stick and shots). She did do great though so I told her we could have some monkey cake when we got home! The monkey cake was her birthday cake made to look like a monkey face because of her love for monkeys! You'll see it in the pics below...she was quite proud of it and wanted to eat it more than she wanted to open her presents(Blake said she gets that from me...I'm not ashamed).

After a trip down "the big slide"
Giving the monkey a kiss(and taste)

Puffing to blow out the candles...cousin KK gladly beat her to the punch(which happens often)

Unwrapping gifts with Daddy
Family picture

Our families came to visit this weekend and we enjoyed spending some time with all of them. So, thank you Grandma and Pappy, NeeNee and PawPaw, Aunt Lyn, KK, and Tristan for making the trip and celebrating with us!

No comments: