Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Getaway

Blake and I had a long weekend in Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons to celebrate our 30th birthdays. It may seem strange, but I was there on family vacation and celebrated my 10th and 20th birthdays so we decided to keep up the tradition:). Besides my nausea, we had a wonderful time and enjoyed God's amazing creation...what a mighty God we serve!!! Thanks mom for keeping the girls for us!
On a "hike"...which I quickly discovered was not fun at that stage of pregnancy
Ahhh, we made it!Bubbling "hot tub" near Old Faithful
Old Faithful in action

The reason I had a REALLY bad night that night!

There was a wolf right off the road and he was eyeing up nearby bison...crazy!

Walking around J-hole

Blake ordered room service for his bday dinner. So sad, but I was so sick from the ice cream!

Deer antler made this huge archway

This is the raft we rode down the Snake River

This picture was well worth the hike on day 1


A bald eagle we saw while floating down the Snake River

He was right off the road one day

The best fly fisherman I know:)

Instead of a traffic jam, we were stuck in a bison jam. There was a herd of bison walking in the road. I was a little nervous because we had a red rental car and I thought one was going to come charging at the car!

1 comment:

Katie Wigton said...

LOVE the pictures! Wow. What a gorgeous place!!