Tuesday, November 30, 2010

rare event

I'm shamefully absent from authoring this publication of my family. I know. But, Jamie does such a great job; so I just enjoy the posts with the rest of you.

Something very important happened in our life recently and I couldn't help but comment on it in this particular setting. As you know, Jamie is pregnant. You especially know if you've seen her lately with a nice baby bump. She is in great spirits and back to her exceptional mother, wife, and friend self. Although, about a week or so after we found out about the pregnancy, Jamie fell VERY ill from pregnancy sickness. She wasn't eating well at times and struggled to be out of bed most of the time. This lasted for about four weeks before marked improvement. With a wife as hard working and home sustaining as her, this was nearly devastating to me. I know this shows how spoiled I am by her, but the thought of where our next meal would come from was a frequent thought of mine. Very quickly though, in the first few days of this near devastation, something happened that gave us hope....

We were lifted, helped, and preserved by our local friends and family. They (you) came to our rescue. Spontaneous acts of kindness and sacrifice poured into our lives and onto our doorstep. We hardly had to ask. Before we knew it, we were surrounded by support with meals and substitute child rearing. They sacrificed their time and energy to allow Jamie to rest, the new tiny baby to grow, and me to keep my job. Simply and truly, we couldn't have done it without them. I layed in bed every night thanking the Lord for the next timely helper. I believe this outpouring of support is a demonstration of the Body of Christ, His Church. It's humbling and inspiring to see the hand of God work in your life in a time of need.

You don't hear about these things in the daily barrage of news. But the sincerety, efficiency, and organization of this small, family preserving effort was very impressive to me. Better than any non-profit charity, government sponsored program, or even church committee could hope to enact.

The point of the post is for me to say thank you to all of you who helped and prayed for us. Again, it's a privilege to have all of you in our lives and testimony to the faithfulness of The Lord.

Thank you.

Blake

No comments: